Saturday, April 7, 2012

Hero Lost


HERO LOST

"I am the hero and now I ride,
to do great deeds throughout the countryside.
I have sought to attain my utmost goal
to achieve renown and save my soul."

The Knight was bold, brave and true
Swift as a hawk filled with virtue.
Trained in combat, offense and lust,
waxing his armor in order to avoid the rust.

"I have heard of a princess in distress,
Carried away by the dragon Rexstress.
Away to his high and mighty castle
in the mountains of Nogertassle."

"So now I ride to save her life,
to win her as my newly wed wife.
to slay the dragon with my silver sword
and gain the treasure as my reward."

The Hero rode on to the mountain high
up to the castle against the sky.
he went to cross the bridge into the night
but his horse stopped still sudden  in fright.

“What is this? Declared the knight.
“Why halt here? Are you going to be uptight?
But the horse just goggled at him in fear
Neighed once and plopped him on his rear.

He kicked his horse, and away he strode
Up the drawbridge into the dragon's abode.
He came on in through the wide looming door
Into the darkness and across the floor.

The knight tripped and stumbled around
Clanking and clamoring at all the sound.
There came from the darkness such a roar
Like that of a lion and that of a boar




With that the Dragon came storming in
to see what idiot had awakened him
The knight swore then cussed up a storm
Such words  that were very far from his norm

Just as the dragon was about to engage his foe
the princess walked in to see all the show.
The knight straightened his suit of chain
And drew his sword, “Lots of Steely Rain.”

Then with a yell the Knight charged into the fray
and with a puff of sulphur the dragon blew him away
The princess sighed and said with a sway
"That's the fifth one that’s come today."

No comments:

Post a Comment