Monday, April 9, 2012

love song of Mike V.



It’s when I hear that song from that John Cusack movie
I get the same feeling whenever I watch some good romantic
Comedy and wonder if that will ever be me with that girl from serendipity
or the woman who demanded that her lover love dogs.
I’d say anything and do almost anything to meet any of the women who get the assassin from Grosse Point or Lloyd Dobbler’s blood racing
I come back to the song and melancholy reverb of Gabriel’s lyrics
While dreaming of wanting to make my life’s goal the action of loving another person.
It’s when the music runs down my spine and the drum beats my heart
And a soulful voice sings my blues for lost love and desires for beauty and
Soft kisses and steamy windows and the rain falls on the roof and
The whispers and gasps fogging my visions of the most romantic movie
I have ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment