Thursday, April 5, 2012

My love for my Creator


God’s Love

What is God’s love?
That it can part the waters of the Red Sea
That it can rescue an ungrateful people
That it can drown the Egyptians as they flee

What is God’s love?
That it demanded a sacrifice of a father’s son
That it slew a king and took his family as well
That it made a hero of a boy in battle won

What is God’s love?
That it forgave a man for lusting after the Sheban queen
That it stole a land from the Canaan Folk
That it can stand no competition in between

What is God’s love?
That for knowledge Paradise had to be lost
For wonder and water a man must be an arc
For milk and honey deserts must be crossed

What is God’s love
That we must believe it true no matter what we read
That we must find faith in merciless histories
that redemption comes even a Jesus bleeds

God’s love is all
Even so that in all things there can be a reason
Where explanations are justified
And freely attributed to every season

God’s love is beyond me
When I look for answers in this often black book
When I have prayed in the face of disaster and death
When I take a long and startlingly doubtful look

God’s love is hope
That no matter how dark and evil seems the world
Nor how despair and greed can rule humanity
That His promise is like a banner in my hand unfurled

God’s love is life
It has walked with me along the sandy beach
As I have stumbled, fallen and struggled to see
My constant companion our bond no thing can breach

No comments:

Post a Comment