Saturday, May 23, 2015

It Went something like this...

I think I remembered that was what it was like and I would later say
that it happened something like this...
Was it just one kiss?
Who am I going to miss?
Was she real or just something - no wait that was a dream
I was having when I decided I really remembered that this
was something that I could reminisce.
I wanted to remind myself that it was like this relationship
that I had only wished that I had.
Was it really that bad?
was she as kind as I was mad?
was it all we really had?
Was it real or just folly? No- wait that was just a dream
something that was less of substance than steam
nothing is really what it seems
I sometimes feel that I am coming apart at the seams
that I cannot tell what happened from what I imagined
that it is just another illusion rather than just another
simile or metaphoric conclusion
Is it just the poetic collusions
that leads me to this ironic conclusion?
Still was it just one kiss?
or was there something I did miss?

No comments:

Post a Comment