Saturday, May 16, 2015

PADM #11 No More

No more fairy tales for me, no more adventures that defy
our persistent reality. No more flights of fancy out beyond
my bedroom door, no more dragons, just no more.
No more stories to keep me up until late in the night
no more lovers needing rescue, no more words that
even the princesses will rue,
No more pages that the books will make me turn, no more
unreasonable hopes, no more regrets to fire, no more pictures
to burn. No more mermaids asking for their turn, no more
heroes, no more villains to spurn. No more swords to find,
no more dreams of any kind, I don't want to learn what
it was to be an adult, I don't want to learn the lie behind
such an insult. I don't want something like all this to come
to an invariable end, I don't want to lose my fiction since it
is like having to bury a friend.
Some people would say that I must be feeling conflicted, but
I answer and say there are worse things to be addicted. Some
people would say that there are books that can help me, but I
say they are just nicer prisons to someone who is meant to be
free,

No comments:

Post a Comment