Friday, May 15, 2015

PADM #9 Requiem

Dare I dream of you when you are gone to the dust
as they lower your casket down out of view
I will not say farewell, for that would mean an end
to our days together, I will shed the tears for you, 
I will not allow my doubts lead us into regret
I will not weep and I will not forget.

Dare I dream of you when the winter's cold comes
when the snow lays upon the stones above your grave
instead I will hold onto the warmth that was your touch
the comfort and the hope that your presence gave.
I will choose to remember our last embrace
I will miss the easy smile light upon your face.

Dare I dream that you are dead and now gone
like the autumn leaves, orange, red and then gray
as if the seasons would cease to change at all,
Was there something else you could stop to say
or the way you would lean over for one more kiss
these are the moments about you I will miss.



No comments:

Post a Comment