Friday, May 29, 2015

Waiting for Sleep

When the darkness comes like a blanket being pulling over the daylight
and the star wink into the skies like a thousand dropped diamonds
filling the folds and wrinkles that spreads across the scope of my sight
I stop on my journey to pause and reflect on the words from Frost
the values of wisdom, the references to paths taken, the moments
where I should have stopped instead of plunging on regardless of cost.
Am I lost? Was it worth finding another was on a different road
than the one I wanted to to take but was hindered then blocked
I am alone there in this forest, the sun fading from the crimson sky
ever way I want to turn to is foreboding, or somehow locked
I want to stop, I want to weep, but I am into deep to not even try,
I have another reference that is stronger than the cliches of sleep
another week has passed, why did I think that the time would last
as I lie here in my bed waiting for sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment