Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Art Poetry Art: Terminus

 Image by Megan Chang
It was on the bridge, the first time I knew
what it was I was searching for- I think she
knew it too.
It was at the end of my vision like the place 
where the railroads meets on the event horizon
the end of the line
It was somewhere in the distance down the road
a destination like where I could walk- she's 
also there 

I looked up at her as she held her camera up
I heard the click, imagined the whir of film
that was not there but should have been
because that is how the vision works
because we should walk along the 
path, both of us barefoot on the walk
the unknown lies before us, the questions
remain, will Frost's path remain wild 
not footprints to mark our passing as
we take the more familiar path home.

It was on the bridge, the first time I knew

what that look in her eyes meant for me
the perplexed bite of her lips
the squint that comes with decision
would we find another was to our
destination.

We still walk along that bridge

but it's in my memory, she is with me
always above always beside
always my hope that this is our path
there is a point down there that 
is our end.
always is long enough time to remember
that no matter where we go, she will 
always be my friend.

For Megan Chang.


No comments:

Post a Comment