Saturday, May 3, 2014

PADIM 3: Mow Down Musings

It began with mowing.

The Sun shone out in a mostly blue sky
save for this lone cloud way off to the right
of the momentary consideration it took to
change the course of my path and in the spray of damp grass cutting I found that deep down in my soul I 
at last had found peace. 
Well a few pieces of that potato chip bag from last week as it swirled out of the mower's side away in the breeze that comes in the shade of the trees.


 I pause in my mowing to drink the life giving water, the water of life under the silent shade of the trees and enjoy the coolness of the breeze as it drifts through the shadows and I find myself smiling at the beauty that surrounds me.
There is the grass and there are the trees.
Each one holds it's own mystery, each one holds out it
peculiar philosophy. Like the sip of the cold water on my lips and then like the wind and that one clouds all that has come to me slips away as I pull the rip cord and

return to the sunlight, but my soul remains in the shade of the secrets that surround me.
I pause to consider if by some chance that there are other like me, men and women who mow and remember that the thought, the considerations are always out here, that a mowing musing is somewhere out there or perhaps closer to than the doubts that we must fear.
Then, my neighbor says to me.
"Hey Mike, come have another beer."

No comments:

Post a Comment