Thursday, May 22, 2014

PADIM 22: I have never known love

As illusive an illusion that can possibly be true
this thing that we call love and by that I mean
this passionate emotion that I am supposed to
feel for someone like you.
Like the unicorn, who many claim to have seen
finding love is much harder than the movies have
lead us to believe that all you have to do is find
someone in the space between...
hope and despair, tears and the pain
so many poetic reference that the idea
of spending another day looking seems
insane.
When I say I have never known love what I mean
is that while I have loved and thought I was for sure
no reciprocal of this experience has been-
expressed. There I said it no one has ever stressed
that I was significant to them, no one has paused
long enough to look into my eyes then confessed
or in other words no one has ever said
Mike, I love you.
no amount of praying ever made it come true
no has any dreams ever led me to believe that
somehow a friendship would grow
to the point that this elusive thing I call love
would ever become something I would know.

No comments:

Post a Comment