Sunday, May 25, 2014

PADIM 25: Forced Rhymes

What made you even think?
That you could drive me to the brink
not even the fear will make me
drink beer I will show you see
it's not as if I am going to let you be
unkind to us -it's enough to make
me
cuss.
yet I think about you all the time
you affect me even as I am forced
into this rhyme.

What made you say what you said?
Did you really wish me dead?
after all that we meant to one another
your affection cannot even smother
the disgust that drives me now to write
how much I would love to hate you
with
all my
might
But that would just be sublime
even as I force out my feelings
into this rhyme

What was I really thinking would come true?
Was it somehow my time, I am overdue
It's going to be my word against yours
like a slap in the face what was this all for
I only wanted to be the one you kissed
I would lie about it- say you'll be missed
But I want to be honest and sure
there
is
no
cure
Because this is just that kind of crime
when I feel I must be forced to
compose all of this
into this rhyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment