Saturday, May 24, 2014

PADIM 24: Poetry will be the death of me


Here I sit with so many things left to do today
but I cannot find the words to write, nothing is
going to be in play while I work my craft like
the fine tuning in finding the right phrase, the correct
form of a verb- I must pretty crazy or sadly somewhat
lazy to be this absurd!
My kingdom for a word!
Shakespeare is having the last laugh as I pound along
my keyboard searching for the meaning that I am
supposed to be instilling and that is by far not even
half of this verbal form of math. I may have lost count
but I am still willing to try and try again before
I cross the four hundred and ride my simile
like the horse into the valley of death and madness
trying to mock even this the sudden sense of sadness
that all my effort will largely go unread unheard
in the end I am a poor poet strutting about on the page
looking for the moment in between the bouts of rage
here I can show my rhyme although it is just my age
time has passed me by and love is just one more thing
that I have yet to try. I realize this is more like a white
nerds rap but I will not given in even if you my readers
have given up by now or see that I am bout to spring my trap
it's moments like this that I know I wanted something more
but that's ironic even for me in this metaphor.

No comments:

Post a Comment