Thursday, May 29, 2014

PADIM 29: Golden

He told me that things would be okay now
that the days where the silence was accepted
would no longer hold and that music and laughter
sounded out from all around, that our noise
could shatter the walls of heaven and shake
the lies and misery to the ground.
She told me that love could heal the worst of
my wounds, that life could have meaning,
that errors would be forgotten and insults
lost between the giggles and jokes wipe
away the tears, that I would be forgiven
and the rain could fall down without the
need for sadness and fears.
He told me that I was the reason that he could
go on living, that there was a purpose to each
smile, that it was worth showing up and that
comfort was the warm blanket of a hug
that I was just his kind of style
She said that I was the sunlight coming through
the clouds, that it was the reason that she opened
her eyes with hope as she got out of bed in the
morning and that before she knew that this
poem was just unwritten and unsaid.
this is where all our paths have led.
it is what I have to say, what you have read.

Friends are more than a means or the ends
they are more than words or feelings or
even the promise I would be holding
back, they are like a rainbow at the end
of life's storms, for all things like this
they are golden.



For Alan Burgess.

No comments:

Post a Comment