Tuesday, May 27, 2014

PADIM 27: A note left behind

Dear whomever finds this note
I just wanted to tell you that I am sorry that I missed you
in the moments between wanting it to be you who I would
have kissed. I know that it was too much to ask so I tried
to make it a demand but the whole situation spiraled out
of hand and now I thought that I could give this all just one
more try, but then I stopped short of you telling me to
say goodbye. I should have trusted you more, I should
have kept the faith that I could not ignore, but that is how
I fell down, down into this darkness as hope has fled away
into the night. I should have remained, you would not have
given us up without a fight, now all I feel I have is out
bound flight. I want to believe that we could have gotten
something right.
Now it is all just a little out of focus, out of sight.

I sign this with my love since anything else is trite
like some cliche inked out here on the paper white.

No comments:

Post a Comment