Saturday, May 10, 2014

PADIM 10: I am but Stardust


This is the universe I made
or did it just make me?
Is it just the science that is my reality?
this is all like some cosmic joke
It would be funny if in this chaos
the one who made all finally spoke.

This is how it all came to pass
like the structure of atoms,
crayons and the tarnishing of brass
Nonsense in organizable strands
DNA encoding strung in nuclear bands
like the music of the countless spheres
this is how everything ends
with math and innumerable fears.

This is how everything begins with
a bigger bang.
This is how the gods laughed in guttural
algorithmic slang.
This is how I first came to realize that we had
a chance.
This is the post apocalyptic reason to dance.
When I stare into the abyss
it stares back into me.
This is it, the first step into eternity.

Riddle me this, riddle me that
More like a discussion, less than a chat.
What is man to the infinite quantity of space?
Is this a test for the human race?
Am I one with the Maker, can I go that far?
I am but stardust out among the 
Billions and Billions of Stars.


For Carl,
Isaac,
and 
Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment