Friday, May 23, 2014

PADIM 23: Hoping for a Miracle

It's been 10 hours since you went away
walking out into the blinding sunlight out of view
Now I want to tell myself that it wasn't true
I thought I would never feel this blue
I kept on hoping that you would turn around
that we weren't just losing lots of ground
that you would come back without a sound
that you would just give me one more chance
that this wasn't the end to our romance
that our relationship was just one song and
slow dance.

I have the words, now, ironically to say
Now I know that you aren't coming back
I think I hear the radio playing "Return of the Mack."
I would rather avoid my guilt and skipped that track.
Still no matter how hard I try I still hear the refrain
as it runs like a buzz saw inside of my brain
I might be crazy but at least I am not insane.
Still I sit here in some hope that all with soon be well
I have no evidence to prove my point with sell
like a bad joke that proves to hard to tell

and in my silence I miss you
in my despair I wish to kiss you
still there is my prayer to keep
from losing any more  of my sleep
I will wait a few more minutes before
I breakdown and let the tears come to weep.

No comments:

Post a Comment