Saturday, May 17, 2014

PADIM 17: Catching up is just so hard to do

I met her again in a grocery store, and almost as soon as we came eye to eye, that Dan Fogelberg song came to mind.
As the recognition showed in her face, I remembered that I quit drinking so I could rejoin the human race.
She smiled at me across the aisle and I would like to think she was thinking much the same. She said something to me and it took a moment that what she was saying was my name.
I laughed and shook my head as she came over to hug me once before she told me she would like to take an hour but she was already overdue.
I agreed even though we both knew that it wasn't true. Catching up is just so hard to do.

Do we really want to know what our old friends have done all these years?
Have we forgotten why we no longer are friends, shall we recall the tears?
It's one thing to stand together and agree on the weather and whatever else could be true.
It's just that catching up is just so hard to do.

I remember that I loved most of my friends, I would do a lot to make amends for all the things that went badly in the end.
Life seldom gives second chances, and who wants to revisit past romances, it's better to whisper a word of encouragement and 
accept the embrace- then to stick around and meet your replacements face to face.
sometimes reunions work out and you don't go home alone feeling blue, but it hasn't happened to me yet, so I will take this as my cue.
Catching up is so very hard to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment