Friday, May 2, 2014

Poem a Day in May 2nd. Seven Sides of Gratitude

One, I can still walk and talk and think and even sometimes I can still smile.
One is for the journey, the other makes it worth the trip, thinking gives me
a chance to remember that it's another step, another mile.

Two, I can believe in the kindness of the people who still surround me:
one is a friend who tries to do what she can for me, the other is my boss
who's belief has made what was so hard to become easy.

Three, I know in whom I have put my faith will be with me until the end
Call the Creator what you will, He is the One, She is the other, It is okay
since I know that They will walk beside me and be my friend.

Four, with the wit and the wisdom, I can still look at the world and laugh.
It might all be one giant cosmic joke, an ludicrous comedy of errors
but you can find me, the fool, down here with the rest of the riff raff.

Five, seeing the beauty that is in this our universe's endless creation
like the brushes of oil paint on planet's, the lines of the inker's pen
drawing out the science that opens up infinite revelation.

Six, things I can make with my hands are what dreams are made of
once it was with a pencil drawing what my mind understands, then
with a photograph capturing the light as if it was the essence of love.

Seven, it is in the words with which I imagine and the poems I write
in the places my mind can go, as far as the keystrokes will take me
somewhere beyond this page, somewhere out into the light

No comments:

Post a Comment