Thursday, May 1, 2014

Poem of the Day in May: The Speed of Darkness


 Somewhere between the shadows and the light,
between the day and the night;
there is movement, there is life.
Somwhere between a moment of doubt,
between a whisper and that of a shout;
there is a sound as sharp as a knife.
Somewhere between the fading of this daydream
and the first light of the morning's gleam;
I will know now what it is to be born
in the arrival of the morn
no longer from my sleep be torn
I will find the edge of what was,
what is to come.
What am I to do with what I know to be true
Somewhere before  I closed my eyes
Some time between the silence and the sighs
the speed of darkness will finally be mine
I can do the math in every sentence, in every line.
This is what I have dreamt of all this time
this is the difference between the obvious
and the sublime.




No comments:

Post a Comment