Friday, May 3, 2013

A Poem a day in May

Might be starting a day or three late but better late than June.
After watching the effort being made by Danna Richards and her friends for the Song a Day in May: Song a Day in May
here is a direct links for a few of them:
Paper Dragons


Well you get the picture, anyway, I hope she will allow me this small promotion of her ability.
and now to business.

A POEM A DAY IN MAY!!!

(3 DAYS BEHIND)

Poem #1 

Hard
Like rocks, like stones, like chalk white bones
my emotions fall against the wall of the world
with thunderous rush of impact 
 like water, like balls of icy hail in the howling wind

Like tears, like the passage of years, like days in the rain
any sense of reason, decisions are blocked 
with cold precision of well placed pain
like repetition of the ever present prescience of the fall of rain

I am hard, I am hard
on the street, under the heat of the unforgiving sun, 
I am hard, I am hard
without humor, without joy, I feel nothing but the passage
of my feet on the run

Like the fleeting footfalls fleeing my own despair
my soul would retreat, retrieve what is lost
with the heavy heartbeats as my blood is spun
out of control out of my control

Like the end of life worth living, like the fear that cheats my breath
all chances of ending are little more than futile
without any mending this ruin of rending
like the droplets of words written without wonder, without death.

I am hard, I am hard
like a rock, like a derelict house on an abandoned island
I am less, I am less
than perfection allows, I hold within me the haunted 
shadows of the meaning this poem demands.



No comments:

Post a Comment