Wednesday, May 22, 2013

PODM 22: Memories from a distant Star

Memories from a distant Star

The moon fills the night time sky like a glowing orb of glass
as if to reflect the stories from almost forgotten, almost passed
I wake to find its words falling down upon my lonely bed
things unwritten, promises unfulfilled, truths unsaid
life continues on in the absence of your face
sometimes it is meaningless like negative space

The days are longer than time could allow for since you left
the nights are worse, they make me feel like the victim of theft
I look to where you once lay by my side
my life is bereft, my happiness is denied
I think I can still hear the sound of your voice
saying to me that I was always your choice

I cry, I scream at the wrongness that comes to me each night
Why me? Why us? How can this ever become something right
my answer comes down to me from the starlit sky
as I stare into the heavens, I can understand why
you came to me in the eclipse that we call life
a moment of bliss we shared, a time without strife

It was better to have loved and lost, as another poet said
than to never love at all, to be alive than to be dead
happiness comes once in awhile to us all
if we are willing, if we can hear its' call
tonight I will stand in motion, as dreams come from afar
tonight I will listen to my memories from a distant star.

my inspiration for this one

No comments:

Post a Comment