Sunday, May 5, 2013

should have called it A poem every other day in May

Same Old Story

It's the same old story, I will repeat it again
since you didn't get it the last time I told it
to my friend at the end of the street
Whom I would like you to meet
She is quite nice, I think she is pretty sweet

Anyway, I told her about my need to express 
the way things stay the same no matter how
I try to change or even compete
with the inevitability of defeat
She agreed, and that made my thought complete

What is it like to find someone who can make
my day shine a little better like the sun
make me forget that I am unhappy for awhile
it's the way she makes me smile
we two are one, freedom without denial

She looks at me and says "It's the same old story"
it might not be great, but it's not boring
its my life filled with moments of bliss
like the last time I remembered that I miss
the day at the end of the street we kissed.


I missed getting it done yesterday, I was mowing and since I am not William Carlos Williams, I can't get Mowing into a poem so I won't even beat around the bush. So keep in mind I am not Robert Frost, but I am Ogden Nash and something a little too sweet.

Here's my shout out to my inspiration for doing this:
Wow, I just have to say wow.
and also her Brother, Alex

He's got a great voice.









No comments:

Post a Comment