Sunday, May 19, 2013

PODM 19 Making Rain

Making Rain

The morning was white with the mists covering everything in sight
the rains came softly falling out of the skies in the morning light
I wake into the silence as it stretches out to fill my room
my cat yawn's as well it will soon be time to rise from our gloom

It's times like this that I can hear a piano playing
it's in moments of pleasure that I believe I can
understand what God might be saying
to my soul, "Go forth and find the end to pain"
"Go forth and make it rain."

It's times like this I hear someone calling my name
it's lost somewhere in a song, it's always the same
I try to imagine the singer somewhere out in the morn
a little bit of melancholy mood that I have borne

upon my spirit in the rain
upon my spirit in the rain



No comments:

Post a Comment