Tuesday, May 7, 2013

PODM still running 1 poem behind

Keeping up is hard to do.
No I mean it.


Keeping up is Hard to do.

With friends, it is so easy to promise but fail in the end
with family, it is often a jerk response to the guilt that only you can see
with me, it is all I ever wanted from you to think of us as we.

I want to sing to you like Billy Joel would do
but the tune escapes me leaving me lost empty blue
there is seldom one when we almost always want it to be 2

With you, I gave you my word and hoped it was true
with my followers on twitter- the blog- the others too
well meaning and well meant, keeping up is hard to do.

I want to run in this crazy race
I want to keep up this maddening pace
I want I try I seem to have lost my place

Keeping up is hard to do, I can run only so fast
I can type everyday, trying to make the magic last
I survive I endure I post I consider the cost
but the effort is too much, even when I win, I have lost.


Another great entry from my favorite You Tuber


No comments:

Post a Comment