Friday, May 31, 2013

PODM A Few Final Words

Poem a Day in May.

Well, folks I managed to stay abreast of the month (once I caught up) only to fall behind as life is seldom that set or smooth more than a week at a time. I won't say all 31 pieces were amongst my best- BUT I did try very hard to get all of them to work/flow better than rhyming on the bathroom wall.

These are my final words when confronted with my life
as it has come out in these last days before I began the
next ones with a new sense of all that has ended and the 
promise of what is about to come, 

These are my final moments in the track of time that
my people, human beings, have called May- as if you
can contain thirty days down to 30, or 4 weeks within
the scope that time has, in fact, passed.

I like to listen to music when I begin to write since it
inspires me to compose more, to improve on what
I am planning to say and be thorough without being
boring or too brief or too slow.

These are the final characters that will mark my days
I spent crafting my art that others will most likely
judge harshly and not linger long enough to see
what all this poetry has meant
to me.

To me.
What all this poetry has meant
to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment