Sunday, May 26, 2013

PODM 25: The End of the World is the Beginning of the Next

The End of the World is the Beginning of the Next.

I was in a small town in Murandy
when I happened to run into a old
friend dicing over a cup of brandy.

I spun the dark one's eyes
amid the tables with men I did
not know, but who still whooped
hollered and cried.

I asked my friend if we could dice
for something almost as nice
as his fine hat, he looked at me
with his one shining eye and spat
"We can at that!" I began to see
that dicing with this prince who
called the omens like ravens was
as always my good friend Mat.

We drank and gamed all day
before we parted to go our
separate paths, our separate ways
He grabbed my sleeve, and with
a wink, said "Say hello to Rand."
then he was gone before I had time
to wonder or to think.

Rand was dead, wasn't he
he had always been a friend to me
saving the world is just not that easy
as any bloody fool can see.

My friends are gone but some things
never change, when one life ends
another one takes wing
Ages come and ages go
so do friends and while some
will make a grand show
not all things come to an end.

The closing of one door is the opening
of another, what is more than that
is that nothing is ever set, Because
you see, I just won Mat's hat!


Dedicated to Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson
and all the heroes of The Wheel of Time


No comments:

Post a Comment