Friday, May 10, 2013

PODM 10: Whimsy

Whimsy

Like playing a ukelele in the rain while riding down a steep hill on an
ass of a rhino roller skating sideways while wearing a blue polka dot
parka as my brother skips after me, camera in hand screaming
while storyboarding out the latest film plan
He stops all of a sudden and yells
why Mike why?
and I reply
because it is Monday.

Like running with bananas, in leotards on tiptoes in the Month of July
in front of twelve angry bulls bathed in orange hair gel
we race in steady staccato to the last symphony
of Beethoven's sister's husband's son who at this very point
has joined me on this wild rambunctious run
He's laughing so hard
under the sunlit sky
as I reply
well it IS Wednesday

Like flying up through the evening twilight, under the stars and moon
a bullet shot from the mouth of the confetti cannon that my cousin
bumped while aiming at his girlfriends bedroom misfiring into
the coming night surround my progress with pixie dust and tiny
blue elves like widgets out of someone's
 digitized daydream fantasies
My cousin is calling me on his cell
That was supposed to be for me
he reflects with a sigh
that yesterday was
almost Friday

and I reply
Oh, my bad
I thought it was Saturday


Danna Again

No comments:

Post a Comment