Friday, May 17, 2013

PODM 16 Running on empty

Yes, I am in fact exhausted and running behind. I am going to pretend that I am mentally writing the poems on time and only publishing them a day late!


Running on empty

two drinks down, three to go
day is moving but it's moving too slow
reminds me of an old rock song
something about running on empty
running dry but I am getting it
all wrong, so wrong.


for three night I've come to this bar
down at the end of the street, pretty far
reminds me of every dive I have ever
been too in my dreams of you
dreams of us things that I have always
want to be true, so true.

four days I have been out in the sun
four nights of driving, like being on the run
reminds me of an old movie scene
you were wearing your blue dress
I was smiling, I can still picture you
in the dark, a midnight countess

I find I am down to the last glass
I look for more but then decide to pass
the road lies before me but I feel like
I am about to run out of gasoline
some days it enough to drive my memory
tonight I feel stuck in between




For Jackson:





No comments:

Post a Comment