Friday, May 24, 2013

PODM 24 What is it about Beauty?


What is it about Beauty

What drives a man to cross the endless seas
what makes him strive for someone eternally
what can bring him down to bended knee
what can enslave him even as it makes him free.

When I look into the blue depths of her eyes
My mind soars, my imagination flies
the past zips by so fast, only glimpses last
the moment has come, my die is cast
there are times when I can understand my choice
there are reasons that I can give voice
I look back at all the I have done to get here
I now hold that which I treasure most dear.

What drives a woman to leave everything behind
what makes her sure that she has made up her mind
what can bring forth such endless joy and delight
what can she afford to lose yet make it alright

When she looks at me I feel my heart skip a beat
my blood thrills in her focus, I feel we are complete
its times like this, I long for just one more kiss
we are still there in this scene we both can share
captured and taken, my faith is restored: unshaken
It was almost a song, to the other we belong
the treasure I hold, has made me brave, made me bold
I feel I can stake my claim, everything is different
yet the feeling remains much the same.

What is it about?
This hope for romance
the time to take a chance
what is it that drives me
to seek you where ever
you shall be, over land
over sea,
What is it about Beauty
that makes me believe
that this is more than
fate, that this is more
than about me?


No comments:

Post a Comment