Friday, May 31, 2013

PODM 30 Poetry Crush

Wow this is what I get for getting behind.

Poetry Crush

Feeling the flow this is the way that I must go
it's not about the words, it's not about the lines
of poetry, it's about having something to show
when I get to the end of the present verse
does it still move off the tongue?
or have I just made it worse?

I love what I have written most of the time
it's got to move like silk off the tongue
some pattern is required to remain sublime
otherwise it's not what I want to read
it's in the trash, I look for the delete
it's what I desire, it's what I need.

Is it good enough for the likes of you
the unknown readers finding me on the web
will it brighten your day, or at least ring true
is the rhyme forced out line by line
am I pushing it out all in a rush
just so I can compress my smile
into this my poetry crush?

No comments:

Post a Comment