Wednesday, May 29, 2013

PODM 28 This is Sadness

This is Sadness



A moment in the rain, a walk down an old street along a hill
overlooking the torn up shore of a once popular tourist trap.
A time I stood waiting outside her window, in the evening as
the cool winds blew in from the sea, just trying to glimpse
her looking back out at me.

She gave me a nervous smile over a steaming cup of Chai
tea, she bit her bottom lip, and a tiny part of my heart sang
at the thought that I could bring an emotion like that despite
that it would be the last time I would see her, that it would
soon by our last kiss by the sea.

Years would pass and part of my soul would yearn for the
forgotten path that my dreams take me whenever I think that
she would remember us standing in the cover of an umbrella
as the mists swirled around us, shaking in the chill of the
coming night, each wishing for something we could not
have, something we would not give. Something that might
costly dearly, but in the end could have been free.

Each time I find myself looking out into the night sky
searching for the stars and the moon, I seem to hear her
voice trickling down inside my ear like a tear is wont
to run down her cheek,a slow but steady rush of ectasy
that fills the seconds between dawn and madness
between the echoes of solitude and sadness
when I was not, when us was we.



No comments:

Post a Comment